Volunteering opportunities are open to all members of Canalside, whether you are a social member or a veg/fruit share member.
Regular volunteering opportunities:
– Weekly work mornings led by a grower or regular, experienced volunteer on Wednesdays and Saturdays, 10am-1pm
– Workshare scheme – these are volunteers who commit to a weekly volunteering slot of 3 or 4 hours, and receive a complimentary share of the harvest when they work. We are aiming to have about 10 workshare volunteers at the moment. To be a workshare volunteer you will need to come and do a trial work morning to check that the work will suit you. Then you will need to become a social member (£24/year or £12 concessionary), sign an informal agreement and decide which work morning you will commit to attending in general.
Occasional volunteering opportunities:
We ask for members’ support in a range of our other activities, on an as needed basis:
– Occasional additional work mornings/afternoons/evenings in the fruit and veg fields – look out for details in the weekly email
– Education project – site preparation and support for workshop delivery
– Publicity activities – flier distibution, publicity stalls at local events
– Social events – annual barn dance – helping prepare the site, take tickets, serve drinks on the bar
– other Canalside social events – prepare food, wash up, tend the fire, clear up afterwards